We have an opening for a full-time fully bilingual (English/Spanish) Mexican Attorney for a very busy immigration law firm. Candidate must be 100% fluent (both orally and written) in both languages. Minimum education required: Law Degree (Licenciatura en Derecho, Titulado). Full time position, to work Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Our office is located in one of the trendiest areas of Kansas City, the KC River Market, with restaurants, shops and the light rail within walking distance.
Our office is one of the busiest immigration practices in the Midwest and have been operating for 11 years in Kansas City. Please visit our website for more information about our firm: www.juradograham.com.
All candidates must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high volume, high intensity work environment. All candidates must be energetic, friendly and polite and most importantly be a team player! Professional demeanor and appearance are required.
Opening is for immediate hire. Punctuality and responsibility are very important. Chronically late or unreliable individuals need not apply; references will be checked.
Ideal candidate is someone who has customer service experience. Ability to multi-task is very important. No experience in the legal field is required.
The candidate will coordinate and monitor all activities within the law office. During a typical day a manager may check over completed documents for accuracy and quality, hold a staff meeting and ensure the law firm has all the resources available to conduct its daily operations. The successful candidate will also help the law firm with legal processes before the National Visa Center, specifically with cases that will be interviewed at one of the US Consulates in Mexico or Latin-America. Understanding of the Mexican legal system and documents is necessary.
The job offer is subject to the approval of a TN visa that will be applied on behalf of the applicant at the nearest US Consulate. The initial visa is usually granted for 1 year with the possibility of extending it for another 3 year. The contract will be signed for a period of one year with the possibility of extending it based on the needs of the law firm and the extension of the TN Visa by the US Government.
* Great interpersonal and communication skills
* Project management skills a must
* Candidate must be a problem solver.
* A strong work ethic is a must.
*Licenciatura en Derecho (Abogado Titulado)
* Experience in customer service
* Proficient with Office Suite
* Exceptional customer service skills
* Must work well with other, ability to be a team player!
* Strong administrative and clerical skills
* Must be able to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse educational, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
* Authorized to work in the United States.
* Manage law office day to day operations
* Provide administrative assistance to legal staff and law office
* Provide monthly expense reports including employee success and revenue reports.
* Process weekly payroll and oversee overtime requests by employees.
* Organize office events
* Process receipt of contracts, retainers and assign new cases
* Assess the urgency of situations and determine appropriate actions, monitor status of pending situations, provide follow up and keep attorneys informed
* Train attorneys and support staff in the use of all office systems, including case management system, filing protocols, and docket/reminders procedures, closing of cases, etc.
* Utilize case management system for electronic data management of legal files and creation of management reports
* Purchase supplies, maintain office equipment and oversee repairs or replacements.
* Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
* Recruit and oversee the training of new employees
* Supervise office support staff
Responsibilities as Attorney
* Conducting client intake to complete the process before the National Visa Center
* Preparing and filing the documents in anticipation of a client’s consular appointment
* Reviewing legal documents for filing with the embassies
* Gathering information/evidence from clients
* Maintaining and monitoring document files and case status dockets
* Prepare draft correspondence and memoranda
* Schedule consular appointments and prepare clients for the same.
* Track the status of filings and inform the client of any follow up that may be necessary;
* Other duties as assigned
Core Hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (include lunch hour) with flexibility for overtime as needed.
Please reply with your resume, writing sample (Spanish) and school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Education credentials will be checked.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: $35,360 to $41,000 based on experience and qualifications ; health insurance, life, parking, paid holidays, vacation and sick days.
Law firm will process and pay the TN visa application; a one-way air-fare to enter the United States under the TN visa; short-term hotel or housing accommodations in Kansas City while the applicant finds permanent housing.